It is no doubt that casinos are a place with an extremely high amount of popularity. In recent years, the gambling industry has had to keep up with modern habits by adapting them into their business model and this change can be seen in how many people now gamble online instead of at physical casinos. What does this transition produce? Increased revenue for casino operators!
History of Gambling
The history of Gambling spans back a thousand years even before Ancient Rome had made use of games on dice amongst other means – but its origins have largely remained unknown due to lack evidence from this period however some believe it might have originated from Roman soldiers who were bored between battles betting against each-other using coins tossed into sand pits.
Casino jargon can seem confusing at first but this quick guide is here to help players understand what it all actually means:
- Ante – A bet that is small in size that must be placed before the round.
- Blind – Small bet that must be placed by two players before the round starts, this is the small and big blind.
- Call – Matching another player’s bet.
- Flush – This hand consists of 5 of the same suit cards.
- Pair – two of the same cards of different suits.
- Sit-out – This is when a player wants to be left out of a few hands, there’s usually a limit on time per table to ask your dealer.
- Straight – 5 cards in order of different suits. E.g. 7, 8, 9, 10, J.
- Bust – getting a card that leaves players hand over 21.
- Double Down – Double your wager amount, however, you are only dealt one more card.
- Hit/Twist – This means the dealer will give you another card.
- Stand – You keep your cards and are not dealt any others.
The Rise of Online Casino
In 1995, Microgaming’s Gaming Club was the one of the only online casinos available. Since then there has been a significant rise in online gambling sites with nearly 3,000 of them operating out of America alone and worth over $66 billion today according to statistics from 2020.
Where can I play?
There are so many different safe online casinos out there at the moment, all of which are competing for more and more members. It can be hard to decide where you want your money spent- that is until we narrow down what’s best in a particular country or region!
We review sites and give an honest assessment on their features as well as deals they offer. All our affiliate partners provide brilliant bonuses when new players sign up – some even let people play free games to get used to everything before placing any stakes themselves!
The gambling industry is more than just the brick and mortar casinos we’ve come to know. As restrictions are lifted, people no longer have to go out of their way for a good time at an online casino that offers even better amenities! Take a look at some of our affiliates for some of the best welcome offers around.