If you have always wanted to play a few spins on the roulette but didn’t know where to start, then this handy guide will give you all that you need in order to get started.
History of Roulette
A roulette casino wheel is a staple of any casino you will visit, this popular game can be profitable and fun to play.
The roulette wheel was created by the French inventor Blaise Pascal in the mid-1600s. Some reports say it might have been an accident when he attempted to create a perpetual motion machine, but regardless of whether that’s true there are documented records as early as the 1700’s where people were playing this game.
The game of roulette has been virtually unchanged for over a century until the 1800’s, when the wheel was redesigned with a zero on it. This gave house an even bigger edge.
When the game finally made its way to America, they added another double-zero giving them yet again more edge. Today you can play this worldwide famous casino game at most online casinos anytime anywhere!
How to Play Roulette
The tabletop is made of an American roulette wheel and green tablecloth to cover the playing surface. The croupier usually assigns you different coloured chips during your time at their game, which makes it easier for them to keep track of everyone’s bets on the board.
Once each player has selected their bets the game will begin, the croupier places the ball in the wheel and spins it after stating “no more bets”.
When the wheel stops spinning and ball stays on a number players with a bet on this number or colour will win accordingly.
Types of Bets and Payouts
There are several bets that can be placed when playing casino roulette. Here is a breakdown of some of the more popular bets and their pay-outs:
- Straight up – Placing a bet on a single number (1-36), this would return 36x your stake.
- Corner – Placing a bet on the corner in the centre of 4 separate numbers, any of these numbers can secure a win, returns would be 8x your stake.
- Column – Placing a bet on one of 3 columns on the table, returning 3x your stake.
- Dozen – Placing a bet on one of 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36, returning 3x your stake.
- Odd/Even – placing a bet on the ball landing on an odd or even number, returning 2x your stake.
- Red/Black – Placing a bet on the ball landing on a red or black square, returning 2x your stake.
Where can I play roulette?
The game of roulette is popular and easy to play. You can find casinos or play roulette online, depending on what you prefer! Play your favourite games with a welcome bonus from one of our casinos for the best possible experience.
When playing roulette online it’s always important to keep in mind responsible gambling. Set limits so you can only play with what you can afford to lose, this will help stay on top of your game and limit the possibility that it becomes an issue for you. Always gamble responsibly.